Monday, January 5, 2015

Books worth buying

I love cookbooks. I read them before bed (i'm serious). I could spend a fortune on cookbooks, but I hold back because with all the awesome vegan blogs and online recipes (pinterest!) out there, there's really no need. I enjoy following recipes pretty often because I think it makes me a better cook. The more I get to know different flavor profiles and ingredients, the more successful I am when playing around with my own recipes.
For the most part, I look at recipes using one of these:

ipad stand
(with Hottie Black Eyed Peas from Post Punk Kitchen up. YUM)
This ipad stand was a gift from my husband and I use it daily. If you ask me, it was WAY too expensive (from William Sonoma) but there are other versions out there for under $20. 


Ok, back to the cookbooks pictured above. These are my favorite two cookbooks and I continue to go back to them time and time again. This is why I love each of them:

SUPER NATURAL COOKING 
by Heidi Swanson
There are great recipes in this book, but that's not the reason I love it. She has sections for different types of ingredients like grains, sweeteners, beans, etc. They are the staples she uses in her cooking. But instead of just listing them, each section has an intro that goes into the nutrition and history, and then she explains the flavors of each and how they will affect your recipes. It's awesome. I'm always going back to this one. 

OH SHE GLOWS
by Angela Liddon
Angela is a recipe-tester extraordinaire! She tests and tastes and tests and tastes until she gets the recipe just perfect. Every single recipe I have tried in this book is killer! If I have to make something on short notice for any type of event or even a potluck or whatever, I know that I can choose one of these recipes (even if I'm making it for the first time) and it'll be a sure-fire hit! GREAT recipes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment